Saturday, June 4, 2011

Living in Cardinal Nation

St. Louisians love baseball! I'm a transplant. For a long time, I did not understand it. But over the years, I've decided its hard to walk into a Cardinal baseball game and not become converted. I visit Busch Stadium and suddenly feel this camaraderie with the thousands of other Cardinal Fans who love their team whether they are winning or losing or playing in ridiciously hot temperatures.

A Cardinal's game was on our bucket list not because we've never been, but because the kids look forward to it so much and we usually only get to go once a year. Friday, Casey scored the corporate tickets from work (I guess all the important people were on vacation) to a game in the classic Cardinal/Cubs rivalry. The kids loved getting to be a little closer to the action.



 Hailey with Albert Pujols (Daddy's favorite) batting behind her.

 Brenton with Yadier Molina (mommy's favorite) batting behind him.

I was so excited for the opportunity for the kids to get their picture taken with Fred Bird. The boys, however, were upset with me when I suggested we go take a walk during the game. They actually wanted to watch the game (Silly boys!).


Ethan took the baseball game very seriously. He was so excited and intense the whole game. He also was the best cheerer (No one says Yadier Molina quit like Ethan) and the best trash talker ("Nice Out Cubs")
 And the Cardinals won, 6-1!

5 comments:

The Days said...

Awesome Kellie! You really are getting me excited!

Jen@Because I can said...

Go Cards!!!!

Heather said...

Too bad the Cubs had to lose!!! Ha..ha... We seriously need to come see you guys.

Anne Burnett said...

So fun! We love baseball (go Phillies!). You and your kids all look darling in the pics!

Kathe said...

I love Ethan's excitement. It definitely shows it on his face.lol.