Wednesday, March 14, 2012

The Blue Owl Restaurant and Bakery

Happy Pi Day! I actually don't like math. I'm terrible at it! But I really, really like pie! So if I can use March 14th, or 3.14, as an excuse to eat lots of pie, I'm all for it!

In honor of 3.14, I thought I'd share an adventure to the home of some famous, Oprah approved pie.

The Blue Owl is located in Historic Kimmswick.The town hosts a couple festivals during the year, but all year you can enjoy some Blue Owl goodness. Just check the hours before you go because they're only open during the middle of the day. They serve homemade-style food. I recommend the White Chicken Chilli. They are most known though for what comes out of their bakery.

The Levee High Carmel Peacon Apple Pie has been featured on the Today Show, The Oprah Magazine and The Food Network. It really looks amazing! The crust tastes amazing, too! The inside is just okay, in my opinion, but the best part of any pie is the crust anyway.

1 comment:

Heather said...

That pie looks delicious. Let me get this baby weight off and I will come visit you!!! I hope you and your family are doing well. I miss seeing you.